In today’s hyper-competitive business climate, you must take every opportunity to reduce energy costs and increase profits and productivity. That means you should install cost effective and energy efficient electrical systems & products for your commercial building with the help of commercial electrical contractors.
Prioritize These 7 Areas for Maximum Energy Efficiency in Your Commercial Building
- Lighting: The primary source of energy consumption in a commercial building is lighting. You can save money and improve productivity by upgrading your building lighting system. LED lights are more efficient than traditional lighting systems, which means they use less electricity and produce less heat while providing better quality light. LED lights are also more durable than conventional bulbs; they last longer so you don’t have to replace them as often.
- Heating and Cooling: The first step to making your commercial building energy efficient is to make sure all of the heating and cooling types of equipment are in good working condition. This can be done by proper commercial electrical installation, adding insulation around ductwork, installing a new furnace or AC unit, and checking for air leaks.
- Wall Insulation and Weather Stripping: Wall insulation and weather stripping are two ways that you can make your commercial building more energy efficient. Insulation is used to keep heat in during the winter while preventing it from escaping during the summer months. Weather stripping helps reduce air infiltration while keeping the heat and cold out of your building’s interior spaces—especially important when there’s no insulation on the exterior walls.
- Windows: Use energy-efficient windows. Replace single-pane windows with double-pane windows. This can help keep your building cooler by reducing heat gain through the glass and saving money on cooling costs. Insulate your window frames and sills so they don’t absorb heat during warm summer days.
- Wiring Upgrades: Wiring upgrades are a great way to make your commercial building more energy efficient. Upgrade only what’s necessary. Consider using conduit instead of running wires directly from each switchboard into walls or ceilings; this will save time as well as reduce potential problems with overheating caused by direct contact between hot cables and metal surfaces. Hire a certified electrician so that they can inspect the wiring and if required they can upgrade that.
- Smart Thermostat Systems: Smart thermostats are programmable and can be controlled remotely. They can automatically adjust temperature settings based on your schedule and the weather. These systems also allow you to set them up so that they turn off when you’re not around.
- Energy Audits for Actionable Data and Preventative Maintenance: Energy audits are the best way to identify problem areas in your building. They can help you find ways to improve the efficiency of your building, and they can also save money by identifying potential leaky pipes, broken windows or other conservation measures that could be put into place immediately.
Efficiency Upgrades: The Key to Increased Productivity and Reduced Costs in Your Commercial Building
Whether you are a small business owner or a large corporation, there are many ways to make commercial building energy efficient that will help save money while improving productivity and efficiency. It’s important not only for your bottom line but also for the environment as well. Commercial electrical engineers can help you identify and implement energy-saving strategies that will make your building more energy-efficient.
Matson’s Electrical Services Ltd can be your trustable commercial electrical contractor to upgrade your electrical systems and products to make your building energy efficient. Contact us now to get a free quote